Holiday Health and Safety tips
Keeping your family healthy and safe when they visit Club MAC Alcudia is our biggest priority and this week we provide some simple tips to make sure that your holiday of a life time isn’t spoilt.
Don’t Let Illness Ruin your Family Holiday
There’s so much to do and see at Club MAC Alcudia that we’d hate it if you were unable to fully experience everything that our fun, friendly family hotel has to offer. As a resort based in the Majorcan town of Port d’Alcudia, which sits in the northern reaches of the Balearic Island, families come to us when they want a week away from Blighty for some fun in the sun.
One of the biggest threats to any family holiday is illness, whilst staying safe abroad is also very important. Club MAC works with Preverisk to ensure that our pools, food and accommodation are all hygienic, but there are measures that your family can take to make sure that you go home with happy memories.
Be Healthy and Safe
If you follow these simple suggestions it is actually really easy to stay healthy and safe during your time at Club MAC Alcudia…
- Wash your hands often: Keeping hands clean is one of the most important steps you can take to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others. Wash your hands with soap and clean running water, rubbing them for at least 20 seconds.
- Eat healthy and be active: Although your holiday is a time to relax and unwind and maybe let yourself go a little! With balance and moderation, you can enjoy your holiday the healthy way. Substitute sugary foods for fresh fruit and try and limit fats and salt in your diet. Club MAC also has plenty of ways to stay active. Try and be active for a last 2 ½ hours a week and help your kids be active for at least 1 hour a day.
- Keep an eye on the kids: Children are at high risk for injuries. Keep a watchful eye on your kids when they’re eating and playing. Develop rules about acceptable and safe behaviours, including using electronic media.
- Get check-ups and vaccinations: You don’t need vaccinations to visit Club MAC Alcudia, but getting annual check-ups for your family can help find potential problems early, when the chances for treatment and cure are often better.
- Manage stress: Holidays are a time to relax and enjoy some stress-free time away from home; they shouldn’t take a toll on your health and wallet. Keep your commitments and spending in check and always make sure that you get a proper night’s sleep, which should never be a problem in one of Club MAC’s three hotels.
Concentrate on having Fun in the Sun
At Club MAC Alcudia we will strive to make sure that your family holiday is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Make sure that you consider our simple suggestions before jetting out and we’ll do the rest!