What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that some platforms, such as websites, can install on your PC, smartphone, Tablet or Smart TV. Its functions can be very varied: store your navigation preferences, collect statistical information, allow certain technical functionalities, etc. In certain cases, the cookies are used to store basic information about the navigation patterns of the user or of the device, until the point of being able to recognize it.
Why are they important?
The cookies are useful for various reasons. From a technical point of view, they allow webpages to work quicker and adapted to your preferences, for example by storing your language or the currency of your country. Also, they help the people responsible for the site to improve the services offered, thanks to the statistical information collected. Finally, they are used to make ads more efficient and in turn be able to offer you some free services.
Navigate through this site means that various types of cookies could be installed
- Cookies for performance improvement
- These type of cookies keep your preferences for certain tools or services so you do not have to reconfigure them every time you visit our site and, in certain cases, can be provided by third parties. Some examples are volume of the speakers, preferences in the order the articles are shown to you or the reproduction speed of compatible video. On e-commerce websites, they allow to keep track of your shopping cart.
- Cookies for statistical analysis
- They are those that, when treated well by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of visitors and analyse statistically the use that our users make of our website, in order to improve the offer of services.
- Cookies for geo-localisation
- These cookies are used by programmes that are trying to localise geographically the location of the computer, smartphone, tablet or Smart TV, in a completely anonymous way and in order to offer you adapted content and services.
- Cookies for registration
- When you register in our site, cookies are generated to identify you as a registered user and tell us when you have logged in to our site. These cookies are used to identify the user account and associated services. These cookies will remain in your computer until you abandon your account, close the browser or turn off the device. These cookies can be used in combination with the analytical data to identify individually your preferences within our site.
- Cookies for publicity
- They are those that, when treated well by us or by third parties, allow us to manage efficiently the publicity on our website, adapting the content to the service requested or to the use made of the site. Thanks to this, we can get to know your internet navigation patterns and show you ads adapted to your navigation preferences.
- Cookies from third parties
- On some sites there can be third party cookies that allow for better managing of the services offered by them. Some examples are the links to social networks where you can share our content.
List of third parties that install cookies
- 24/7 Media
- Nielsen NetRatings
- Right Media
- SMART AdServer
How can I configure my preferences and revoke my consent to the acceptance of cookies?
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed in your device, as well as revoke the previous consent through the configuration of your browser options. If you block them, certain services that need them might not be available for you.
Next we offer you the links to the information on how to deactivate your preferences in all major browsers:
If you wish to contact us in reference to our cookies policy, you can do so at [email protected]