How to Have the Best Hiking Experience in Majorca
You’re set to enjoy some of the most beautiful walking routes in the Balearics when you stay at Club MAC Alcudia. If you want to ensure you make the most of these scenic trails read on, as we reveal how to have the best hiking experience in Majorca.
Serra de Tramuntana
If you’re a fan of hiking, you’ll love your time here at Club MAC Alcudia. As an Alcudia-based resort, we’re just a stone’s throw away from Majorca’s famous Serra de Tramuntana mountain range. Spanning the Western Edge of the Island, this stunning region boasts some of the most scenic walking trails in the Balearics.
Five great hiking tips
However, there are certain steps we’d advise you take if you to enjoy everything Serra de Tramuntana has to offer. Here are five things you should do when you’re hiking:
1) Wear sun cream: It gets really hot in Majorca during the summer months. You should make sure you apply sun cream before you set off for a hike, so you’re skin doesn’t burn after spending a few hours exposed to the blazing Spanish sun!
2) Stay hydrated: Make sure you take a bottle of water with you when you set off for Serra de Tramuntana. When you hike up a mountain, you sweat, so you’ll need that water to stay hydrated throughout your walk.
3) Schedule rests: Walking is exhausting work, and you don’t want to get too tired to enjoy your experience whilst you’re hiking up a mountain. You should schedule breaks every half hour so you can stop, rest and take some enjoy the stunning views of Serra de Tramuntana.
4) Dress for the occasion: Have you ever tried walking up a mountain in jeans? We wouldn’t suggest it. You should wear light, breezy clothing e.g. shorts, and sensible shoes to make sure you have the best experience possible whilst hiking in Majorca.
5) Do your research: If you’re not careful when you’re hiking, you could have an accident. You should minimise the risk of accidents by researching your hiking location and plotting your walking path accordingly, before you set out for Serra Tramuntana.
Enjoy your hike!
If you want to see Majorca in all its glory, you should make some time to hike up the Serra de Tramuntana mountain range during your stay at Club MAC. You’ll reach the summit, look out at the island and think to yourself, “this is the stuff great holiday memories are made of!”