How to Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel Abroad
To make sure you make the most of your stay at Club MAC Alcudia, this week we reveal how to keep your home safe when you travel abroad.
Peace of mind
You’re set to have an amazing time when you visit Club MAC Alcudia. We have a variety of amenities including several fantastic restaurants, eight swimming pools and a kid’s club that you and your family are sure to love. Meanwhile, during your stay you can explore the port town of Alcudia’s extensive range of bars, restaurants, historical monuments and natural attractions.
Therefore, you’re set to have the holiday of your life when you decide to stay at Club MAC Alcudia. However, you won’t have a fabulous time if you spend your days on Majorca worrying that something will go wrong at home whilst you’re away, when you should be relaxing on a sun-drenched beach without a care in the world.
Five ways to keep your home safe
You need peace of mind to appreciate your getaway, which means you should make sure your home is safe before you go on holiday. Here are five tips that’ll help you do exactly that:
1) Leave the curtains open: An empty house is a target for thieves, so you need to convince people the house is occupied if you want to discourage them from targeting your residence. Closed curtains are a dead giveaway; make sure your curtains are open before you leave for the Balearic Islands.
2) Hide your valuables: If a burglar targets your home, they’re doing so because they want to steal your most expensive items e.g. jewellery. Hide these items before you leave if you want to give thieves less incentive to target your house when you go abroad.
3) Pull the Plugs: You also need to ensure you unplug all your electrical appliances e.g. television, fridge etc., before you leave home for a week of fun in the sun. This will prevent power surges which could damage your property whilst you’re away. Also, make sure you turn all the light off before you go; your electricity bill will thank you!
4) Tell a neighbour: It pays to have someone watching out for your home when you can’t. Tell a trusted neighbour that you’re going away, so they can inform you immediately if something happens whilst you’re enjoying yourself sunbathing on the glistening sands of Alcudia Beach.
5) Lock everything: We can’t state enough that you need to ensure all windows and doors are locked and your burglar alarm has been activated before you leave. If you forget to do this, you might as well have invited thieves into your home yourself, and it could also prevent your insurance provider from paying out.
Enjoy Club MAC Alcudia
You can’t ensure that your home remains safe when you go on holiday. However, you can take steps to make it more likely that your house is safe when you travel, so that you’ll have the peace of mind you need to enjoy everything we have to offer you when you stay at Club MAC Alcudia.