Five Tips for Pregnant Tourists
We do everything we can to make sure you have the holiday of a lifetime when you visit Club MAC Alcudia. That’s why we wanted to take this opportunity to reveal five tips to help pregnant tourists make the most of their time when they visit Majorca.
The perfect place for a family holiday
Located just 900 metres away from the glistening sands of the beach of Alcudia, Club MAC is the perfect place to take a family holiday. If you’re pregnant you may think that this doesn’t apply to you, however you shouldn’t let the fact that you’re about to give birth stop you from enjoying an amazing summer break with your family.
Five tips for pregnant women
You can have the time of your life on holiday when you’re pregnant as long as you think ahead. Club MAC would advise that you do the following five things if you travel when you’re expecting:
1) Plan everything: Take your cue from Monica from Friends. She may have been slightly neurotic, but she made life easier for herself because she always planned ahead. Plan everything before you fly out so you can travel safe in the knowledge that you don’t have to worry about a single thing when you’re sunbathing beside one of our pools.
2) Pack sensibly: Think to yourself, “what will I need when I’m travelling?” “What will make my life easier?” Make sure you pack essentials such as blister pads, sunglasses, sun cream, a sensible but fabulous wardrobe and comfy shoes if you want to make sure you have an amazing time when you touch down in Majorca.
3) Take the time to rest: You’re growing another person in your body; that’s a pretty demanding job! Make sure you carve some time out of your itinerary to indulge in a little nap or two, so you can get all the rest you need to appreciate your time away from home. It’s also important to make sure you don’t spend too much time in the sun, as this can be bad for pregnant women because they tend to have low blood pressure.
4) Eat your heart out: You’re eating for two now; enjoy this excuse while it lasts! Make sure you help yourself to generous portions throughout your break. Luckily for you, Club MAC Alcudia is all-inclusive and we have a range of fabulous restaurants for you to choose from! You’ll also want to make sure you drink plenty of fluids to keep yourself hydrated and lower the risk of sunburn.
5) Carry your phone with you: Your first priority is to stay safe at all times when you fly out for a family holiday before you give birth. Keep your phone on you at all times so you can contact us if you need our help whilst you’re staying at Club MAC Alcudia.
Check with your airlines
Some airlines will only allow pregnant travellers to fly until a certain amount of weeks prior to their due date. Below is the information provided by Thomson Airways, each airline has a different policy, so please check before you jet out to Club MAC.
Thomson Airways flights
For uncomplicated, single pregnancies, you can be a maximum of 36 weeks pregnant on your return flight if you’re going short haul. If you’re flying long haul, it’s 34 weeks. For multiple pregnancies, you can only fly up to 32 weeks.
Over 28 weeks pregnant?
Just so you know, you’ll need to provide a note from a doctor or midwife if you’ll be over 28 weeks pregnant when you fly. It must include your estimated date of confinement, confirmation that your pregnancy is uncomplicated and that you’re fit to fly.
You’ll also need to make sure your insurance covers you for the whole trip as many policies only cover you until you’re 28 weeks pregnant.
Also, Club MAC highly recommends that you take out a European Health Card before visiting us; one can be obtained HERE.
Give your family the holiday of their dreams!
Just because you’re pregnant, it doesn’t mean that you can’t take your older kids for a family holiday. Use these tips so you can be sure that you and family will be able to enjoy the getaway of your dreams when you stay at Club MAC Alcudia!