Five Tips on buying your Travel Money
Getting the best rate when buying travel money can sometimes cause a headache, which is why this week Club MAC Alcudia reveals five tips to help you get the best deal when buying currency.
Making Sure That You Get the Best Deal
Located in the northern port town of Alcudia in sun-drenched Majorca, Club MAC Alcudia is outstanding family resort. We work to put you first, so you’re in for the holiday of your dreams when you stay with us.
Buying foreign money either in the UK or aboard can cause headaches, with so many different ways to purchase and from so many providers!
To make that part of your holiday stress free, Club MAC has listed five tips when it comes to buying travel money.
Get the Best Deals with the Following Five Tips
Check out the below tips to save yourself some hassle and dodge extra costs:
- Don’t buy currency at the airport: you will get a poor exchange rate and could also pay steep commission charges. The best deals can generally be found online; a site worth considering is www.bestforeignexchange.com.
- Pick a cheap credit card: the majority of credit cards impose a foreign currency charge of between 2.75% and 2.99% every time you use it abroad. However, those charges are avoidable. Santander offer a Zero credit card, whilst Saga and the Post Office don’t have any foreign exchange loading fees.
- Tell your bank before you leave: as it could prevent your card from being blocked. Banks are becoming increasingly cautious about overseas credit and debit card activity and have started blocking cards. Before going away make sure the bank has a 24-hour contact number and to be even more secure, provide the bank with your number.
- Don’t let shops/bars or restaurants convert currency: in some European countries, shops, restaurants, bars and cash machines will offer to convert your euro bill into sterling. Don’t let them! You will be given a very poor exchange rate. However, at Club MAC that isn’t a problem because we only charge in Euros, to give you the best rate!
- Don’t draw cash on your credit card: almost every credit card will hit you with three charges for withdrawing cash. A hidden foreign currency charge, a cash withdrawal charge and interest from the day you make the withdrawal, which could be more than 30%.
Don’t Let Hidden Fees Ruin Your Holiday
Your holiday should be a fantastic, stress free experience and by following Club MAC’s tips you shouldn’t be hit by hidden fees on credit cards and when making purchases abroad.
If you have any questions during your stay at Club MAC Alcudia, please visit our newly formed ‘Guest Satisfaction Department.